A relatively new remedy is sweeping into health food and wellness stores and increasing in use as the public becomes aware of it, as research into its effectiveness in treating many different illnesses increases, as does the depth of our understanding. These medical case studies are producing welcome data that is finding that it alleviates the symptoms of a wide range of ailments and mental health disorders. This new remedy is CBD oil derived from the cannabis plant. In this short article, we will discuss what CBD oil is, the many varied products in the marketplace and who can benefit from using CBD oil.
The Science Bit
The active ingredient in CBD oil is called Cannabidiol and is one of over a hundred active compounds that make up the cannabis plant. CBD oil contains very little of the main psychoactive compound (THC) in Cannabis, so it will not give you the effects normally associated with Cannabis. Cannabidiol works by interacting with and stimulating the body’s receptors that govern pain and also affect your immune system. It can also prevent the release of compounds that trigger inflammation in the body. CBD is then mixed with a plant oil such as Coconut oil to form the end product, which is then manufactured into many different saleable goods like edibles, oral drops and CBD vape oils.
Who Can Benefit from Using CBD Oil?
Sufferers of many medical problems can find relief from using CBD oil, the list of illnesses is always increasing as research continues, but to date, they include the following –
- CBD oil, when used in products like CBD vape liquids, can treat the debilitating effects of chronic pain involved in arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis.
- Relief for patients with mental health disorders, including insomnia, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- It can lead to a reduction in some cancer-related symptoms, such as pain, nausea, and vomiting.
- CBD oil may have neuroprotective properties and be an option for sufferers of epilepsy and MS.
- There are also benefits to the heart and circulatory system; it can lower blood pressure and increase arterial function.
This is not a complete list of the illnesses affected by using CBD oil; there is a wealth of helpful information available online for further investigation.
The Different Ways of Taking CBD Oil
There are three or four main methods of taking CBD oil; it is best absorbed by direct contact with the body; CBD oil tinctures dropped or sprayed under the tongue mean they are quickly dissolved into the bloodstream. Oils and balms rubbed into the skin are also absorbed faster than edibles swallowed into the stomach, where they must first be diluted by stomach acid before entering the body’s internal system. The three main groups of CBD-related products are as follows –
- CBD oils and balms applied to the skin.
- Oral capsules, tablets, and other edible products such as gummies or sweets.
- E-Liquids containing CBD oil that are vaped.
All of these products will contain one of three various types of CBD oil, which include other compounds and concentrations. These are full-spectrum, broad-spectrum and isolates; the differences between these three concern which other parts of the host plant are included in the end product.
Whatever way you choose to take CBD oil, there is no doubt that helpful relief is available to you; give CBD oil a try today.