If you are planning to host your very first dinner party, it can be quite a stressful event, as there is much to decide and arrange, and with that in mind, here are a few tips and ideas to help you plan the perfect dinner party.
- Start Small – If this is your first time hosting a dinner party, stick to between 2-6 guests, as this will not be a strain on you or your resources, and with your knowledge of the guests, you can select a suitable menu. Prepare as much of the food as you can prior to the event, which will leave you with less to do on the night, and with everything prepared and stored in the fridge, you can focus on making sure that your guests are well taken care of.
- Creating the Right Impression – You should certainly put your best foot forward when inviting people into your home for dinner, and if your crockery has seen better days, you can buy affordable dinnerware sets from the online home décor retailer. Shopping online offers many advantages, with lower than retail prices and a wide range of products, all of the highest quality, and you can acquire everything you need from a single supplier.
- Drinks – You should choose a suitable wine for the main course, and knowing your guests as you do, make sure that your drinks cabinet has a varied selection, plus more than a few cold beers in the fridge. You can never have too much ice and if you don’t have an ice-making machine, fill up a cool box and keep it in the kitchen, ready to top up the ice bucket on the table.
- Lighting – You will need to have subtle lighting that isn’t too bright and if you have a pendant light over the dining table, you have the perfect task lighting for the dinner. A couple of table lamps in the corners of the dining room will provide you with soft lighting and the lighting can be dimmed after the meal.
- Creating the Right Ambience – Scented candles and some fresh flowers will help to create a warm and relaxing atmosphere that will make your guest feel at home, while some soft easy listening music in the background will also add to the ambience.
If you plan correctly and prepare the menu in advance, you will have more time to spend chatting with your guests, and by taking all of the above into account, there’s no reason why your first dinner party won’t be a roaring success.